There has been word from people who are familiar with the matter that the CME group will soon possibly release an Ether Futures following a change to its reference rate and index tied to the new asset class.
CME is the world’s leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace and has been attributed as one of the catalyst during the 2017 Bull Run with it offered to the public bitcoin futures which was a first at an institutional level.
The company has announced last July 5 that it is updating its reference rate and index tied to ether from its own reference rate and ether-USD index to New York-based Paxos’ itBit, to provide data on the two financial tools in conjunction with Bitstamp and Kraken.
However it must be noted that CME has not yet officially announce the launch of any Ether futures but its actions recently has titillated the minds of the Eth community for the possibility of having such a financial product that could have the same effect to the prices on ether similarly to what it did to BTC back in 2017.
- Donations For Wikileaks Reaches $46 Million in BTC
- Tron Grows To 500 Dapps And 700K Users
- Bitcoin Collectible Listed For $99,000 On eBay
- New All-Time High Bitcoin Network Usage
- Bitcoin Critic Hopes To Collect 1 Bitcoin
- New Canadian Crypto Exchange With Huge Referrals Rewards
- Increasing Institutional Investments Set Future Growth Of Cryptocurrencies
- SEC Searching For Blockchain Data Provider To Monitor Risk
- Traveling To 10 Countries Using Only Cryptocurrency
- Dogecoin Now Listed In Binance
- The First Zero-Fiat Bitcon Bond In The World
- Etoro Adds Ethereum Tokens Into Its Platform
- UN Looking Into Blockchain Solutions For Afghanistan’s Infra Problems
- Cuba Looking Into Cryptocurrency
- Crypto Is Now Legal In Iceland